Summer Course – Fashion & Beauty
This course is ideal for anyone who is considering a career in the more commercial area of fashion and beauty make-up. Perfect for bridal make-up artists too, you will learn everything from how to create flawless skin to hair styling techniques, through to the more creative and challenging elements of fashion make-up, with a strong technical grounding in application and up-to-the-minute product knowledge.
Here you can see a short film of the photoshoot included in this 7 weeks:
The cost of this excellent value, short course includes:
- A full kit-bag full of make-up worth over £850.00 from brands including Mac, NARS, Bobbi Brown and Royal Langnickel brushes.
- 5 weeks of full-time tuition from highly respected, working make-up artists
- A shoot with a top professional photographer in a London studio, with professional models. Previously we have worked with Michael Labica and Sandrine Dulermo who have shot for Givenchy, Cartier, Dior, many international fashion magazines, De Beers and Space NK. Leoni Blue is another talent we shoot with, she often shoots for Harrods and a plethora of commercial clients to draw experience from. We take pride in booking the best photographers for our students to work with.
- Re-touched professional images for your portfolio.
You are welcome to extend this course by two weeks and study further Advanced Fashion make-up – more information available here. Examples of our shoot photos are in the gallery on the right.
This course is extremely popular, so if you wish to join us, we recommend you enrol soon.
Basic Beauty – 1 week
You will study facial anatomy, health and safety best practise, skin care, the correct use of tools and products, the principles of lighting and shading in make-up, as well as colour mixing and blending, the application of bases, and beauty make-up for both day and evening.
You will also cover bridal make-up, corrective make-up (contouring and face shaping), and the make-up techniques required for HD TV and Film.
Basic Fashion – 1 week
Taught by tutors who work on fashion shows, campaigns and commercial shoots. You will learn to refine skin and base applications, including achieving a dewy finish vs a matte finish. Each day will take you through a range of looks for fashion photography to the catwalk including; smokey eyes, eye liners, strong lip looks and creative glitter application.
Basic Hair – 1 week
Hair is a very important skill set to learn for anyone starting their career, even exclusive make-up artists have to know a few simple hair styles, so our week of Basic Hair provides the best training. You will cover tonging, heated rollers, bendy hot sticks, styling long hair, french pleats and various up-dos.
Advanced Fashion – 4 weeks
You will study different period looks adapted as a fashion reference, with special attention paid to work by the industry’s top artists such as Pat McGrath, Val Garland, Lisa Eldridge, Wendy Roe, Isamaya French, Mary Greenwell, Alex Box and Charlotte Tilbury. You will learn the advanced techniques for creating editorial and commercial looks with glitter, kohl and different mixing mediums. We work from mood boards comprised of leading, current and iconic fashion books and magazines. This course really prepares our graduates to work in the industry on jobs including but not limited to: behind the scenes at Fashion Week, on set for a commercial, editorial or beauty photo shoot, ad campaigns, music videos, red carpet events and private client work. At the end of this course, students have a photo shoot with professional models and photographers to build their portfolios – see the gallery photos for examples. You have the option to extend this course by an additional two weeks.
Where you will learn it
The light and airy classrooms of Delamar Academy are located within the world-famous Ealing Studios in West London. (You can learn more about Ealing Studios itself on our Get in touch page or on the Ealing Studios site itself.)
In our spacious classrooms, you will have your own personal workstation – including professional lighting and equipment. Ealing Studios is home to a number of other companies that form a real media community, with visual effects, production, editing, outside broadcast, and record companies all represented. There is also the Met Film School, which offers a first step in studio work experience for our own students when they work on graduate films.
Your next steps
There are two requirements for entry to this course:
- You must be at least 18 years old;
- If English is not your first language, you must have a good standard of spoken English (equivalent to IELTS 6). (Alternatively, when the course is for a non-English-speaking group, we do ask that you bring a translator.)
Find out more about fees, payment schedules, and possible funding opportunities in the Enrolment and Fees section of our FAQ.