We are proud to have an industry recognised book which has been recently updated and is in its third print edition. The book includes most of the subject material we teach here at Delamar from beauty make-up to bald caps, period wigs and gory casualty.
This new edition of The Complete Make-up Artist offers a personal, in-depth insight into the exciting work of make-up. Written for all media make-up students, in particular those studying a VRQ at Levels 2 and 3, this new edition has been updated in accordance with the new NOS.
Top Indian make-up artist and Delamar Academy Graduate, Namrata Soni has contributed to the book alongside Delamar graduate Jo Frost. Other star contributors and Delamar Graduates include:
- Jane Richardson – global lead make-up stylist for NARS
- Giorgio Galliero – Period hair, wigs and prosthetics specialist
- Louise McCarthy – Make-up designer on Oceans 8, personal make-up artist to Anne Hathaway
- Holly Edwards – top hair dresser and make-up artist, regular on Game Of Thrones
- Catherine Scoble – BAFTA winning designer
- Brian Kinney – SFX and prosthetics artist, you can read about Brian’s masterclass here
- Amanda Warburton – casualty, character and hair specialist
- Oliver Hickey – A top camera man who provides masterclasses to our advanced courses on lighting and how to use the monitor/ work with the camera department.
Other artists who are not Delamar graduates, but still very much part of our community are:
- Joanne Byrne – Delamar lead fashion tutor
- Adrian Rigby – Former Delamar tutor and prosthetics specialist
- Lorraine Hill – Delamar tutor
- Helen Speyer – Designer and Delamar tutor
- Angie Mudge – Designer and Delamar tutor – you can read an interview with Angie here
This is the only media make-up book to be endorsed by Habia and VTCT. The Complete Make-up Artist will build skills and serves a practical companion to learning on any make-up or hair course.
You can buy the book here from Amazon.
About the author:
Our school founder, Penny Delamar had over 30 years of experience as a top make-up designer. She was trained at the BBC and worked there for 10 years making up everyone from the Beatles and the Rolling Stones to Margaret Thatcher and Anthony Hopkins. Penny then worked as a freelance make-up artist on films such as ‘Santa Claus the Movie’ (as personal make-up to Dudley Moore) as well as ‘Indiana Jones and the Temple of Doom’, ‘Robin Hood Prince of Thieves’ to name but a few. (Thank you Amazon…) Delamar Academy is situated at the Ealing Film Studios and has an excellent reputation. As well as excellent prospects for graduates, Delamar prides itself on outstanding facilities, world-class tuition from experienced professionals and access to exciting work placements in the full range of media disciplines – fashion, TV, theatre, and film.
Penny sadly passed away last year. The legacy she left continues to be enormous as Delamar Academy is regarded as the most prestigious make-up school in the world. A staggering number of Delamar graduates are succeeding in the industry each year, all thanks to the foundations laid by Penny.
If you are considering a career in make-up and are saving up to train here or merely pondering your options, this book is a fantastic starting point. Graduate, tutor and big industry success Brian Kinney, discovered Delamar through reading a first edition of the book.