Spring is the season of fresh beginnings, where many of our graduates had some outstanding work placements. We are always thrilled to tell you about the work our graduates do. As a make-up school we go far beyond just teaching, as we secure some remarkable opportunities for new graduates, whilst keeping in touch with our ever-established alumni. Contacts are everything! These bookings are testimony to the desirability of Delamar students; please see below for a breakdown of the highlights. This is a celebration of our graduate talent:
Film and TV
- Cliodhna Scully worked on ITV’s new series ‘Fearless’ – Anastasia Storey also helped on a couple of the crowd days.
- Anastasia Storey has gained work experience on top blockbusters ‘Mary Poppins Returns’, (starring Emily Blunt) and ‘Jurassic World’, currently shooting in London.
- Gabor Kerekes has been working on main team on a new BBC TV series called ‘McMafia’, starring James Norton and Harriet Rylance.
- Luisa Abel was Make-up Department Head on the war film ‘Dunkirk’ , starring Tom Hardy, Kenneth Branagh and Cilian Murphy.
- Sara Fagan and Claire Walker were trainees on an adaptation of Jessie Burton’s novel ‘The Miniaturist’. Designed by Chrissie Baker, the make-up team completed their prep work here at Delamar Academy.
- Giorgio Galliero is working on main team of series 2 of ITV’s primetime period drama, ‘Victoria’.
- Coming to cinemas this June is Hollywood’s latest blockbuster ‘The Mummy’ starring Tom Cruise. 1 Year Cert HE graduate Rosie Sinfield worked as trainee, travelling around the world on location for this film, working as part of Tom Cruise’s personal make-up team. We are so proud of Rosie’s fast ascent into A -list Hollywood film make-up.
- Louise McCarthy was personal make-up artist to Anne Hathaway and Key Make-up for the upcoming ‘Ocean’s 8’ movie, starring Cate Blanchett, Rhianna and an impressive host of A- list actors.
- Stacey Holman and Bethany Fletcher continue to work on BBC’s top show ‘Peaky Blinders’, set in Birmingham – this gangster series is a huge hit.
- Lisa Cartlidge and Sophie Davis have been jet-set filming in Morocco with top Prosthetics Designer Matt Smith.
- Julie Kendrick has completed as Designer on ‘The Boy With the Top-Knot’, filmed in Birmingham. Julie used an all – Delamar make-up department, assisted by fellow Delamar graduates Kirsty McQueen and Parmjit Barker!
- Delamar tutor and BAFTA winner Catherine Scoble has been designing the new BBC version of the classic Edwardian period drama ‘Howards End’ – we had many graduates plus current 1 year students on work experience: Lucy Oswald, Victoria Pipe, Krystal Buckley, Christina Moat, Coral Todd, Tarah Rose Golding, Alice Percival, Vicky Hughes, Anastasia Storey, Louisa Fleming, Libby Callaway, Emily Wilcox and Diandra Ferreira. Delamar graduate JoJo Dutton was Superviser on main team and Holly Edwards also worked as a daily make-up artist on busy crowd days.
- Ria Biggerstaff -Hudson has just finished working on main team on the TV period drama ‘Guernsey’, starring Lily James, shot here at Ealing Studios and on location in Devon.
- Bethany Lewis has just finished working on main team on the latest series of ‘Black Mirror’.
- Parmjit Barker was main team trainee on ‘Broadchurch’ Series 3 and the last series of ‘Poldark’.
- Marese Langan designed the fantastic new film of Daphne du Maurier’s classic book ‘My Cousin Rachel’, out at cinemas now, starring Rachel Weisz.
- Krystal Buckley assisted Delamar graduate and tutor Sarah Jagger at this year’s highly popular IMATS (International Make-up Artists Trade Show). This is the big annual trade show for make-up artists and make-up enthusiasts alike. The audience for the main stage is set at 300, so we were very proud to have two Delamar graduates on the stage.
- Fiona Neal continues to assist top make-up artist Caroline Barnes on ‘Britain’s Got Talent’.
- Kitty Noofah came second place at IMATS Battle of the Brushes, the prestigious competition where make-up artists fly in from all over the world to compete for the title.
- Lucy Evans has worked on a Nike commercial with Alexander McQueen’s florist, the Headmasters British Hairdressing Awards, Debut Magazine with Ashley James and Charlotte de Carle, plus a week in Cannes working on hair and make-up for many industry glitterati.
- Fiona Neal has continued to assist Caroline Barnes, and has worked on lots of celebrities from the ‘Made In Chelsea’ stars to singer Pixie Lott.
- Alexa Ravina did the make-up for Hugo Boss’s AW17 campaign and for a FIFA18 shoot. No big deal! She has also secured bookings for wedding make-up work in Capri, Dubai, Blenheim Palace, Florence and Bali this summer.
- Recent graduate Mena Alice Pyne has been a very busy bee indeed, working on many eCommerce shoots for Urban Outfitters, she was the make-up artist on an upcoming programme directed by world-renowned choregrapher and creative Parris Goebel. Mena was the head make-up artist on a music video for Rizzle Kicks directed by Xi Phi films, her team included Delamar Graduates Natasha Cole and Emma Horner. Mena has also worked on shoots for Virgin Media and a football commercial. Finally,she also worked on a fashion film called ‘Timeless’ for Central Saint Martins College, which was recently published in Teeth Magazine, online.
- Erica Procopis continues to love working on ‘Book of Mormon’.
- Ella Burton is working on the green, witchy musical ‘Wicked’.
- Heather Ross has just secured a fantastic job on the musical ‘Grease’.
- Elinor Watkins is on a UK tour of ‘Funny Girl’.
- Faith Jones is working on a UK tour of ‘Dirty Dancing’.
- Delamar student (soon to be graduate) Lucy Oswald is the sickness and holiday standby for West End musical ‘Wicked’. This is a huge accomplishment so early on in Lucy’s career.
- Calico Heslop is now Deputy Head of Hair and Make-up on ‘Kinky Boots’.