Delamar Academy Funding is one of our most frequent enquiries from prospective students… If it were not for the investment required to train here, we would be producing hundreds more graduates a year, maybe even thousands! Courses at Delamar are quite different from a classic academic course which involve purely reading and writing work, as we do not set essays, but instead our teaching focus is completely practical. Such a practical courses require the use of expensive materials, with classes taught by our specialist industry tutors are all working out in the field most of the time. Tutor availability heavily dictates our course dates. Then we have our studios, the costs of running such a brilliant facility, is considerable.
Delamar Academy Funding – What your course fee covers
Firstly, the excellent training from 10am – 4pm each day, in the light and airy classrooms of the academy, based at the prestigious Ealing Studios. All the materials, work stations, student’s kits and tutor time is covered. We also factor in the cost of professional photo shoots to our 5 Week Summer Course, Advanced Complete Make-up Artist and Cert HE Professional Makeup Design course. For graduates of all Delamar Academy Courses, our free aftercare is often considered as “priceless” – and not factored into the fees, but an added benefit of training here. We place graduates on the industry’s top films and TV productions, often within weeks of graduation – Star Wars being a top example, Downton Abbey and Strictly Come Dancing are all productions we have supplied new fledgling graduates onto, changing their lives and kick-starting their make-up careers. Obviously, the courses that prepare students best for these placements are the Complete Make-up Artist, Advanced Complete Make-up Artist and 1 Year Cert HE Professional Make-up Design course. Funding your course at Delamar Academy is an investment in career opportunity, mentoring and of course, the first class training. The Delamar Academy Agency is open to all graduates, for free and we have frequently provided opportunities for a decade after the graduate’s course has finished.
Delamar Academy Funding – UK Options
- Approximately 20% of our students help fund their course with a Professional Career Development Loan . Please note – this loan will only be available until Friday 25th January 2019. Students can apply for the PCDL (Professional & Career Development Loan) to cover the fees for courses here. Taking out a PCDL loan is like taking out a bank loan at a specific rate of interest. You need to start repaying the loan four weeks after the course ends. Once you have applied for the loan you will receive a form that we will need to complete and send to the bank to confirm you are on the course. For us to complete your form you must have paid the deposit to confirm your place on the course. However, we will accept written confirmation of the loan for the remaining balance on the course. For more information about PCDL loans please look on the website http://www.direct.gov.uk or call 0800 585 505.
- Credit Card Loans – We also accept credit cards. Further details on the loans and credit cards available can be found on a range of websites, including www.MoneySavingExpert.co.uk
- Private funding – many students who come to Delamar Academy have funded their course with savings or family contributions. Every year we have many students who have saved-up for a long time to come here
- Princes Trust – The Princes Trust provides funding up to £500, which can really help especially on a short course
- Eligible participants can apply to Creative Skillset for a bursary of up to 80% for freelancers under the Film Bursary Scheme. Skillset will also help with travel over 50 miles from the centre of London and accommodation costs. You can find out more on the Creative Skillset site or by calling the Bursary Team on 0207 713 9829.
Delamar Academy Funding – International Options
- We have had students from Sweden who have funded the course fees on their Cert HE Professional Make-up Design course, with CSN – student funding. Please see their website for more information.
- Icelandic, Gibraltarian and Italian students have all received Delamar Academy Funding from their respective governments to complete courses here. Please research independently.